"Oral sex may be a lot of fun, but it can also spread various sexually transmitted diseases. To make oral-vaginal sex (cunnilingus) and oral-anal sex (rimming) safer, you can use a barrier such as a dental dam. Unfortunately, dental dams can be hard to find, and they also may be somewhat expensive. There is, however, a way around this problem. Using a condom and scissors, you can make a dental dam yourself!
1. Unroll the condom.
2. Cut off the tip.
3. Cut down one side of the condom with a scissors.
4. You now have a latex rectangle perfect for use during oral sex!
1. It’s a good idea to buy unlubricated condoms for use during oral sex. Nonoxynol-9 makes your tongue numb, and many other lubricants simply taste bad.
2. Some condom companies make flavored condoms and lubricants specifically for use during oral sex. If you hate the taste of latex, you may want to try some of the different brands.
3. Saran wrap and other plastic wraps can also be used as barriers for oral sex, but there is little to no research about their effectiveness - which means they might not be effective at all. The main advantages are cost and the ability to tear off a piece that is as large as you need.
4. Put a little lubricant on the side of the dental dam touching skin. It keeps the latex from sticking, and makes the sensations more enjoyable.
5. You can also make a dental dam using a latex or nitrile glove. There are two ways to do it! The first is to cut off the three middle fingers… which gives you a square with two handles where you can insert your thumbs to make the dental dam easier to manipulate. The second is to cut off all the fingers, except for the thumb, and then slit the glove down the pinky side. That gives you a square with a lovely place in the middle (i.e. the thumb) you can use to safely insert your tongue, or a finger, into the person you love.”